Linden Lodge School is a day and residential regional school for pupils withVision Impairment. We are based in Wimbledon, South west London and take pupils from a wide area and will consider prospective pupils from anywhere in the UK.
We take children from Nursery to Year 14 ( 2 to 19 ) with Vision impairment, Hearing impairment and Multi-Sensory impairment. We will also consider applications for pupils who would benefit from our Sensory education approaches and facilities.
The education of pupils with Sensory impairment is highly specialist and therefore we have specialist teachers, a specialist Sensory curriculum and extensive specialist resources and facilities on our campus.
- A large workforce of specialist Sensory impairment teachers who in addition to their Teaching qualification hold an additional Diploma or Masters Degree in teaching the visually-impaired, hearing-impaired and multi-sensory impaired
- A large on-site Therapy team of specialist Speech and language therapists, Physiotherapists and Occupational Therapists directly employed by the school who work alongside teachers and education teams
- A team of habilitationists for the visually-impaired
- An onsite Learning Resources Centre which enables us to provide a wide range of fully accessible learning resources tailored to meet each pupil’s specific sensory needs
- On site Vision assessment hub to carry out Functional Vision assessments and detailed assessments of pupils with Cortical Vision impairment
- An NHS standard Audiology testing booth to assess pupils’ hearing and use of audiological equipment
- A regional Family Centre for families of children with Sensory impairment to provide training, parent guidance and social opportunities
- A fully accessible physical environment including acoustically treated classrooms and clear signage for the visually-impaired
- On site habilitation for the St Georges Auditory Implant Centre
Our expectations for each pupil are high and we understand that each pupil with a Sensory impairment has a unique diagnosis and learning profile. We have specialist Centres for pupils with profound multiple learning needs and also for pupils following the National Curriculum and a range of GCSE, BTEC and externally accredited pathways.
We therefore offer a range of Curriculum pathways each tailored to pupils’ needs and abilities delivered through our departmental and specialist Centres. A number of our Centres are in separate purpose built accommodation on site.
We want our pupils to reach their potential and achieve as much independence as possible. Every pupil has in addition to their curriculum targets personal goals to optimise their use of Vision, Hearing and other Senses.
If you feel that Linden Lodge School has the expertise and facilities that you are looking for please contact the Headteacher, Deborah Rix to arrange a visit.