The Wandsworth Vision Support Service supports children and young people with vision impairments in Wandsworth aged 0-25.
We can offer:
- Advice on all aspects of vision and how it impacts on learning
- Assessment of use of vision at home and in class
- Contribution to statutory assessment
- INSET for teaching and non-teaching staff
- Home support for below 5s
- Help with specific teaching strategies for children with vision impairment, including those with other needs
- Liaison with other health and education professionals, in planning for individual needs
- Access to specialist toys and equipment, large print and Braille books, etc.
- Support with patching programmes, glasses and low vision aids
- A playgroup for babies and children with vision impairment and their parents/carers
- Support for families of children with vision impairment
- Support in developing compensatory skills
Our outreach team are responsive and adaptable, seeing children in a variety of settings including:
- Work placement
We also offer sessions and events at our state of the art Isobel Family Centre, including access to a vision enhancement and assessment facility.
If you would like to make a referral to the outreach team, please go here.